MVPs of April 2018
This month’s recap on Dr. Networth.com:
- Have You Reached Career Fulfillment? – Deciding to scale-back to part-time work was due to a combination of achieving FI and career fulfillment in my situation. What about you?
- Checklist For A Passive Real Estate Investor – If you are thinking about becoming a passive real estate investor with private mortgage loans or JV deals, then this checklist is for you.
- Join an Elite Club if You Spend More Than $250k/yr – Ever heard of the secretive, exclusive, “god-like” Amex Black Card? I hadn’t until recently.
Most Valuable Posts (MVPs) of April
With the elimination of the Leafs by the Bruins in Game 7 (again!), there is only 1 Canadian team left in the playoffs. Go Jets Go! Unlike the current NHL playoffs, there is no shortage of Canadian content being put out by Canadian physicians in the blogosphere. I am simply amazed!
I’ve highlighted 5 posts that I came across this month.
- Not exactly a post, but I recently found out about this Facebook group, started by physician couple Drs. Paul Healey and Jane Marie, for Canadian Physicians/Dentists and their spouses, to discuss financial issues. If you are a Canadian physician/dentist, then this group will definitely be worthwhile for you to join. The group’s strength is the collective wisdom of financially literate physicians.
- Dr. Paul Healey has put out 4 fantastic Introductory YouTube Videos:
- There is no point in achieving financial independence if you have a frail body and can’t enjoy your money. Dr. Moneyblog details her simple fitness routines to stay healthy and fit
Loonie Doctor: Choose Your Weapons – Financial Tools and Strategies For Incorporated Professionals to Repel Tax Pirates
- Loonie Doctor nicely summarizes a list of potential strategies to lessen your tax burden, given the new Federal Corporate Tax changes. Which weapon will you choose?
Financially Free MD: Understanding Corporate Investment Tax Part 2 – Refundable Dividend Tax on Hand (RDTOH) and Taxation of Dividends and Interest Income in a CCPC
- Just found out about this fellow Canadian physician blogger this month. FFMD takes the complex subject of RDTOH and breaks it down to make it easily understandable. One of the best explanations that I have read.
- Found this blog via Physician on Fire’s mention of fireFAT bloggers. Like myself, this Canadian physician found happiness and freedom by selling off the bad part of her job…..calls!
Have a great week!